April 23, 2015

Photo Challenge - Day One

About the challenge:

I was invited by Jodee of On The Road Abode to take part in a five day black and white photo challenge.


This is Shadow Lake, one of many Sierra Lakes in the Ansel Adams Wilderness Area.  It was a warm July day, snow still on the trail.  The only way to get here is on foot.  I was invited by my friends on a week long backpacking adventure.  With views like this, how could I say no?  This was in the summer of 2007.  I am looking forward to going back there and showing this gorgeous lake to Ron one day.

The only rules of the challenge are:

1. On five consecutive days, create a post using a recent or past photograph in black and white.

2. Invite another blogging friend to join in the challenge.

As part of this challenge I want to nominate Janet Shaw of Seize The Day RV Adventures.  Janet enjoys birdwatching and she takes some great photos of her subjects.  Janet and Kevin recently moved into their motorhome to begin the next chapter of their lives.

I hope you enjoy my photos.  Janet, I hope you decide to accept the Black & White Photo Challenge.

Click the photo for a larger image.   

2 comments:

  1. Definitely an Ansel Adams shot - very nice!! Bill used to backpack all over the mountains, but I'm not sure we'll get to most of the places he went :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)
      With so many great hiking areas in the mountains of California, even if it isn't the same spot, I know we'll have a great adventure just getting 'out there'.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment!