I was invited by Jodee of On The Road Abode to take part in a five day black and white photo challenge.
This is obviously a prison. Your quest is to guess which prison it is. Here are a few hints:
- It was first discovered in 1775.
- You need a boat to get here.
- Originally barren, the US government built a fortress on the island to protect new found gold.
- It is home to the Pacific Coast's first lighthouse.
- It saw it's last inmates in June 1971.
- You can find much more information about this famous island here.
The only rules of the challenge are:
1. On five consecutive days, create a post using a recent or past photograph in black and white.
2. Invite another blogging friend to join in the challenge.
As part of this challenge I want to nominate Chris DelBoccio Hughes of CU On The Road. Chris works in sales and marketing at a credit union. She and her family enjoy trips in their RV named Bessie. Her tales about their dog Hairy Barry are humorous and well written.
I hope you enjoy my photos. Chris, I hope you decide to accept the Black & White Photo Challenge.
Click the photo for a larger image.